What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a recent innovation in medical aesthetics for the treatment of wrinkles, fine lines, and scars (especially acne scars), and for improving the skin’s overall appearance. The procedure involves the insertion of a multi-point microneedle into the skin at a very high rate of speed, usually thousands of insertions per minute. As these very sharp micro-needles enter the skin, they injure it, which in turn triggers the body’s natural healing and regeneration response to cellular injury. Part of this epidermal repair process involves the production of new collagen and elastin, which results in a thicker dermal layer that softens the appearance of wrinkles. When using our microneedling needle, the micro-channels created by the needle allow topical serums, gels, and creams to be absorbed better and more deeply than when they are simply applied to the skin superficially.
We offer two microneedling devices:
- Top notch, recognized instructors (in USA and Europe) (Read more ►)
- Training is the most important part of this business. If you aren’t trained properly, you will do very poor jobs for your clients or patients and your practice will flounder. This is one of those services in which the old adage that you get what you pay for is really true. There are cheaper courses than Cliona’s, but there aren’t any that are better. If you are going to invest in learning permanent makeup or microneedling, be sure to get the very best training. More information on permanent makeup training.
- Training that includes paramedical applications and microneedling (Read more ►)
- Demand for paramedical applications, such as scar camouflage, alopecia camouflage, areola repigmentation and definition is growing very rapidly. People didn’t know they could do this, and now they are looking for professionals that can do this for them. That’s why this is an important part of our training.
- Sophisticated, modern, effective attractive equipment (Read more ►)
- Whereas proper training is the most important part of this business, good equipment is the next most important thing. Most digital machines out there today do at least a decent job, but you want a machine that will last long after the warranty expires, one that helps you do the job faster and with the exact results you expect, and one that makes you look like the professional that you are, which is exactly what the Matisse offers. The Matisse is also one of the few machines that doubles as a permanent makeup machine and a microneedling device – all you have to do is change the needle.
- Unparalleled customer service (Read more ►)
- Call us and we’ll answer any of your questions, before and after you become a customer. We are always available during West Coast business hours, and our trainers in the US are always available for consultations after you have completed your formal training.
- Complete product line including all accessories (Read more ►)
- From the digital machine, to the handpiece, to the needles, inks, cups, and training materials, Cliona™ and its distributors offer it all.
- Competitive prices (Read more ►)
- We are not the cheapest in the market, but we do offer the best value. When you consider the quality of our products and the prices, you’ll find that you actually get more value for your money with us, especially on accessories such as needles and inks, which you need to buy a lot of.
- Refresher classes for graduates at no cost (in USA only) (Read more ►)
- We are the only company that offers free refresher classes to all its graduates.
- Phone consultations with instructors for graduates (in USA only) (Read more ►)
- Our instructors are available for phone consultations whenever a graduate has a question. You don’t get that with other schools or courses.
News & Events
Face & Body Spa Conference and Expo | August 24-26, 2013 | San Jose, CA, USA
Cliona™ Medical Aesthetics will exhibit at the Face & Body Expo this weekend (August 24th to 26th) at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California, where spa professionals gather for solutions, information and the latest offerings from leading industry suppliers. Come by Booth #1019 and meet Luis Lajous, CEO of Cliona™ Medical. Cliona™ Medical offers products, supplies, and training for permanent and paramedical makeup and microneedling.
The Aesthetic Show | May 16-19, 2013 | Las Vegas, NV, USA
Cliona™ Medical Aesthetics exhibited their line of products for permanent and para-medical makeup and microneedling during The Aesthetic Show at The Mirage in Las Vegas May 16th through May 19th. THE Aesthetic Show is the leading multidisciplinary medical education meeting for aesthetic professionals. The Matisse, Cliona’s permanent makeup and microneedling machine, generated a significant amount of interest and had participants excited about becoming permanent makeup artists. “Even though our products are exceptional, it’s our training program that makes us really stand out,” said Luis Lajous, CEO for Cliona Medical.
Benefits of Microneedling
The benefits of such a simple procedure are unprecedented in the beauty and medical aesthetics industries. Never before has such a simple technique yielded such visible and lasting results. What makes this treatment so special is that you are basically making the body create these tremendous improvements in the skin by basically attacking it. You are basically fooling the skin into rejuvenating itself. What could be easier?
The benefits include
- Younger-looking skin
- Reduction of the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Significant reduction of scars in general and acne scars in particular
- Reduction of the appearance of stretch marks
- Improves hyper-pigmentation and hypo-pigmentation
- Overall improvement of the appearance of the skin
A sterile needle-tip containing 9 tiny micro-needles is attached to the Matisse™. You, the professional, may choose to apply a thin layer of topical hydrating gel to the customer/patient’s skin and select the appropriate treatment depth based on the application. Then, the pen is gently pressed against the skin while at the same time gliding it in one direction until you reach the edge of the treatment area, and then you come back to an adjacent area of the “row” you just treated, and repeat the pattern in the same direction, and you continue to do this till you have covered the entire treatment area.
Microneedling can be performed on all parts of the body, including but not limited to the face, neck, hands, arms, legs, abdomen, décolletage and back. The typical procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated.
Depending on the natural sensitivity level of the customer or patient, he/she might feel some slight stinging on the skin during the procedure, but it’s very tolerable. Most people will just feel as if their skin is being scratched by something relatively rough. The speed and depth that you perform the treatment at will affect the comfort of the patient.
Immediately after the treatment the skin will be quite red, plus there might be some light surface bleeding. Actual healing time depends on the depth-setting of needle, the speed at which you perform the treatment and the number of times you pass over the same area. Typically, the treated area remains red from 2 to 4 hours. Some people recover completely in as little as 24 hours. Utilizing proper recovery serums usually speeds up the recovery process.
Visible changes to the skin are noticeable from a few days to a couple of weeks after the redness disappears. The skin’s appearance continues to improve over time for up to 6-12 months after the treatment as collagen and elastin production continues.
How many treatments are needed depends on several factors, such as the goal of the treatment, the skin type, and the age of the person. Some people require only one treatment per year in order to achieve the results they are looking for, but most people require 5 treatments spaced 1 week apart. For patients with severe wrinkles, deep acne scars, stretch marks or advanced dermal aging additional applications are recommended with 6 weeks in between treatments.